Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Way to Sew

I had a very exciting weekend. For years now I have been casually mentioning that I would like an embroidery machine. I have always wanted a sewing machine that could just do more than my reliable old New Home. When I started selling on Etsy I told Patrick that I was going to save for the machine of my dreams. He started getting pressure from all the women he works with (thanks ladies!) to just buy me one and this weekend he broke down.

So I am the proud new owner of a Janome Memory Craft 11000. We bought it at Montavilla Sewing Center here in Portland. As part of the package I get free instruction and a bunch of discounts so I was really happy.


So far I have made 3 baby bibs. I also finished most of my weekend projects on the new machine. However, for a bit I need to keep the Janome doing embroidery and keep myself pumping out booties on the New Home. There is less than 2 weeks between now and crafty wonderland! It is a lot of fun though. Below is one of my embroidered bibs. I LOVE the funny monsters and bought a whole set of designs.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

oh my - I saw your pictures on Flickr. SO cute - I hearted you on Etsy too. YIPPEE - I'm glad I found you.

Anitra Cameron said...

You have a New Home? What model? I got one at an estate sale, a 900, but it doesn't have an owner's manual.

So far, the only way I can get a zigzag is to hold the lever in position while I sew. That just Can't be right. Any hints? (Don't feel badly if you don't have time to answer!)

Hugs,
Anitra

PS I LOVE your onesy sets!

Wendy said...

I have a MX3123. You might try blowing under the latch with canned air... be gentle though! If that doesn't work you might need to take it in to a sewing center to have it repaired. Gosh, I couldn't live without my zigzag!

Your stuff is really cute too!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs