Monday, February 9, 2009

Crafty Wonderland, Screen Door, and Wiggly Dog

I had a fabulous Sunday this weekend. EXHAUSTING, but totally great. My friend Kathy and I met up at 10:30 to grab some coffee and wait in the huge crowd that always seems to be standing outside the Screen Door restaurant on Burnside in Portland. I took some pictures... but I only remembered that I wanted to after we started. We were very hungry!


Kathy had this catface sandwich thing (above). I didn't like that they called it catface so I ordered something else. Mine was some sort of spinach, portabella mushroom scramble. It was really fluffy and yummy. And of course they came with cheesey grits. The grits were great as well, but not as good as the last time we did this.

Then of course nothing could really compare to the scruptious thing we had already consumed. A breakfast corndog! It was this giant (italian I think) sausage that was coated in cornbread and fried. It had maple syrup with a splash of mollasses to go with. YUM.


So then it was off to Crafty Wonderland where we met up with Molly and a friend of hers (I am so bad with names, but I really, really liked her... she got into the craftyness). At crafty wonderland we saw the folks from Cake Spy! (I know! I just subscribed to the blog!) I got a cool magnet from them which is now stuck on my cubicle at work to cheer me up.


I also got 2 bars of the best soap ever from Scrumptious Suds. I buy her soap every time I see her now. She let me know she is opening a little store front.

I also bought some chocolates (from Coco + Co I think!). I have bought them from these guys every time I go and while, yes, they are a little pricey they are SO worth it.

After Crafty Wonderland Kathy and I headed out to go to a few fabric stores (we went and went until 4:00!) All in all it was a really great day and when I got home all I could do was crash in front of the TV. It is a good thing I had Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice to watch on the DVR!


So today when I got home I had lots to do. I had to blog, facebook, twitter, etsy, and take photos for all of the above. My goodness! So here are some pics of Annabelle. She is sporting my new Think Spring dog collar. The little id tag with the charms is from Ao Designs. Annabelle was being really wriggly so I also got this funny one when I was trying to adjust the light on my Nikon. I kind of like it.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs