Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting into Heaven

You know the old saying "She who dies with the most fabric wins?" I think I just spent the morning with some real contenders. My most favorite fabric store in all the world, Holly Hill Quilts here in West Linn, just moved into a new building last year. They still have the old building across the street and today and tomorrow they are having a huge clearance sale. $3.00 a yard for fabric (some of these are still in other stores for $8-10/yd!) So this morning I trotted down there thinking I needed to go early to get the good stuff.

Boy did I ever. I ended up buying 14 yards of fabric and stood in line for nearly 3 hours with some lovely women. The shop was standing room only for the entire duration of my visit. Literally. I am not exaggerating. But it was fun. Hard on my back, but fun.

Crafty people are such a jovial bunch and there was a lot of passing bolts of fabric around and giving tips out. Everyone said excuse me, please, and thank you. Why can't the rest of the world be as kind and polite as the people you find in your local quilt store? See, they really are going to win!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Umm... Wendy? Weren't you just telling me how much fabric you already had???

You have a fabric addiction like I have an addiction to card stock and digital clip art.... it's pretty bad.

Okay, looking forward to seeing what you make with the new 14 yards of fabric!

Anitra Cameron said...

Nooooooooo! I missed it! sigh.

Oh, well. It isn't like I don't have multiple bins of fabric already. But dang.

I love crafters, too! What a lovely bunch we are, yourself included.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs