Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bad Day

I am having just the worst day. I need to vent. This morning our hot water heater was broke so I didn't go to work, but instead worked from home. I didn't get a shower until 1:30. Then my laptop connection started to act weird so I got no work done this afternoon. Then I decided to run to the fabric store to pick up fabric for a custom order. They were out of what I needed so after a week of talking about the fabric and half a dozen trips to look at fabric I give up and went ahead and refunded the poor woman's money. I felt really dumb doing that and it certainly isn't how I want to do business, but after this long if I can't find what she wants I think I am just wasting everyone's time! I only missed getting the fabric I wanted by a day or 2 too. Darn it!

I learned my lesson though... no more putting orders together unless I am certain I can get the fabric. Maybe I should just do away with the concept of finding special fabrics and just go with what I already have. I feel so sad and disappointed that I am not going to get to make the pretty dress I was going to sew. :(

I think I need to convince my husband to go out for dinner tonight. I need to get out of here!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs