Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Postcards

I found this cool site today (I think I may have found it on one of my blogger friends sites, but I couldn't remember... I am such a bad little internet-surfer!). It is called Postcrossing and it is a site that allows users to send postcards to people and recieve postcards from others around the globe in return. I think it is really wonderful. I have 5 addresses that I plan to carefully go out and select postcards for and get sent off right away. I love technology that brings people together rather than isolates them further.

Patrick thought it was quite the joke and his response was "why do you want postcards?" Well, I do love postcards, but even more so I like the idea of someone in another part of the world thinking about what I might like, maybe writing me a nice note or just saying "Hi". It is sort of like getting a present from a friend.

Anyhow, it is something different so check it out! http://www.postcrossing.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Postcrossing is just wonderfull! I found the website beginning of this year and have send multiple postcards since!
If you like me to send you a poastcard from the Netherlands, drop me a line and i'll contact you for your snailmail adres!

happy postcrossing!
winda aka DQ from the Netherlands

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs